Donate, pay Dues, or pay for Events using Paypal.
Dear Members and Friends of our Temple Beth El family,
The TBE Board has been mindfully considering the challenges we face from the ever-growing and threatening Coronavirus. Our mission is to provide Jewish context to our lives and provide help and inspiration to the larger Jewish and non-Jewish communities. We understand the needs of some for social comfort (yartzheits, for example) that our services and other gatherings provide. But we cannot take the risk of exposing the Coronavirus infection to persons that are of a vulnerable age and/or condition. Ultimately, some choices affect the individual, but other choices unnecessarily affect others.
After balancing these factors, our Board has determined the following protocol for TBE:
1. We will discontinue further services, as well as all communal activities – including our community Passover Seder – until further notice and a decision by the Board. We promise that on March 31st the board will reconsider after consulting medical authorities. We encourage you to pray privately and search for on-line or on-TV services. There are also services which pray Kaddish for your loved ones, for a fee.
2. We will suspend Etz Chaim religious school except for special (e.g. outdoor) activities with reduced personal contact.
3. We will continue to prepare our facility by sanitizing cleaning immediately before services or other activities and after every event. This is a collective responsibility so let’s all do our part to keep our facility clean. Wipe down any surface you might encounter when you have the opportunity. Cleaning products will be left out for our use.
4. Increase your telephone, email, and social media communications with TBE members, relatives, and friends. If we are all limiting our personal contact we obviously need to reach out to members and keep our connections. Remember that some will be isolated more than others and may welcome extra attention.
Our TBE family is important to us, so please participate as you feel comfortable. Always feel welcome to express your opinion to a Board member.
Enjoy the first night of Passover with a family Seder at home.
The TBE Board
Welcome to Temple Beth El, a synagogue founded in 1957. Our building was dedicated in 1969. We are the heart of Jewish life in Santa Maria, California. We worship on Shabbat using the traditional prayers of our Jewish heritage in the comfortable environment of our synagogue's sanctuary. Services begin at 7:30 p.m. every Friday.
Our services are led once a month by Rabbi Dov Gottesfeld and by qualified lay leaders the other weeks.
We welcome interfaith families.
We offer regular education programs and Saturday morning Torah studies when the Rabbi is with us.
Here are 4 ways you can support Temple Beth El simply by shopping or eating!
1. Jaffa Café in Santa Maria is donating 15% for all food purchased all day and evening, 10:30am to 8pm, on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. You can dine in or take out. Either way, TBE benefits! All you have to do is write "TBE" on your menu form. Jaffa Cafe will save all of TBE's receipts and donate 15% to TBE.
2. Buy Scrip (gift cards) from Mike Sachs to be used in local businesses and restaurants. The Temple receives up to 5% from these gift cards.
3. If you shop on Amazon, sign up to support Temple Beth El Santa Maria at smile.amazon.com (under Accounts & Lists go to Your AmazonSmile). The Temple gets ½% of every dollar you spend. Double dip and use Amazon Scrip as well!
4. Purchase a Tree in Israel in memory or honor of a loved one. Trees are $18.00. Temple Beth El makes money from each tree purchased. Contact Suzanne Levy to buy a tree or for more information.
1501 E. Alvin Ave.
Santa Maria, CA 93455
P.O. Box 5217
Santa Maria, CA 93456
Phone: (805) 928-2118